Wednesday, April 17, 2013

ABsolutely FABulous!


Ok, lame title, but I wanted something catchy! I have not focused on my abs in years. As a former gymnast, I always had nice abs, even a 6-pack if I got lean enough. Then I got pregnant, had my wonderful son and just never really worked them. I bounced back, and my abs are still in decent shape but I miss the hard contours that I used to have pre-pregnancy. I am making my abs (and my hamstrings) more of a frontrunner focus this prep. I want a bit more definition, especially for photoshoots! So here is my abs workout today, and it kicked my booty! (or abs, rather)

Circuit 1: Repeat 3 times

·         25 Leg lifts on an incline bench (head at the top, hips at the bottom). Keep legs straight and lift your hips when your legs reach vertical.

·         25 incline crunches with a 10-lb plate

·         25 incline twists with a 10-lb plate

·         30 Medicine Ball (12-lbs) rainbow chops (over the head, knee to knee) Keep pace fast but controlled

·         250-meter rowing sprint. As fast as possible!

Circuit 2: Repeat 3 times

·         15 BOSU oblique crunches, opposite knee to elbow (15 per side)

·         20 BOSU tuck-ups. Sit with your butt on the center of the ball, legs straight out off the floor and place hands on BOSU behind your butt. Crunch knees to chest, keeping legs off the floor the whole time.

·         BOSU planks with opposite leg lift, 15 lifts per leg.

·         Medicine Ball wood chops, keeping ball centered. Start with ball overhead, then throw it between your knees while executing a small squat. Keep your chest up and hold onto the ball! It’s not a ball slam.

·         250-meter rowing sprint. As fast as possible!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment